Behold: the perfect snack. Flavorful, savory, bite-sized, and healthy. Oh, don’t let me forget to mention how simple these are to make. Want the steps? Let me be so kind as to tell you them…
1. Drain and wash canned chickpeas (as if I was about to soak dried chickpeas; you know that’s asking far too much of a 21 year-old).
2. Spread chickpeas on a paper towel and ensure that they dry completely. Don’t be afraid to take another paper towel to them and rub them over.
3. Pour a tad bit of olive oil on a pan. I lined mine with foil so that I didn’t have to worry about washing the pan afterwards. Laziness is bliss.
4. Spread the chickpeas across the pan and toss them through the olive oil.
5. Sprinkle the spices over the lil chickpeas and toss them around again.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Toss. Bake for another 15 minutes.
TA-DA! And just like that, you’ve got the most delicious, nutritious, and convenient snack there ever was. I’m 100% serious that I could not stop eating them straight out of the oven. They are absolutely divine. I suggest leaving them out until they are completely cooled so that they stay crunchy; I made the mistake of putting mine in a container while they were still slightly warm, which caused them to get a bit soggy. If you do have this problem, simply toss the chickpeas on a tray and broil them for 5-10 minutes when you’re ready to eat them so that they crisp up again. Problem solved!
These babies are scrumptious on their own but also go fabulously over a creamy soup. I had them over a bowl of sweet potato soup and they added the perfect crunch and spice to the more subtle soup. They would also be magical over a simple arugula salad with goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar! Let’s bond over the flavor combo of the peppery arugula, the smooth, tangy goat, the salty tomatoes, and the sour-sweet vinegar. I’m in if you are.
Find the recipe here!