Hola chicos y chicas! I hope your weeks were all speedy and painless. Now we can celebrate because it’s SATURDAY WOO! Spend today lounging in bed, checking out some new shops and hanging with your amigos. That’s my plan at least. Enjoy some of my new favorite things!
1. This song by…wait for it…Willow Smith. Thought she was a one-hit-wonder? Nuh huh, this chic has got a voice and and it’s shockingly good. I’ve listened to this song 12 times since finding it. Added bonus, it happened on the Queen Latifah Show. I had zero idea this even existed but I am SO excited to watch.
2. This recipe for Chocolate Banana Crisp. It’s healthy because it has bananas right? That’s what I tell myself. And it’s made of oatmeal so you have to eat it for breakfast. Every once in awhile, a nice sugar rush first thing in the morning is just what the doctor ordered (except the doctor is me and I’m not licensed).
3. This jewelry line handmade in Cambodia by artisans with underprivileged backgrounds. The bracelets are “inspired by the desire to celebrate and preserve Cambodian culture post genocide” and each piece serves as “a token for freedom, and a symbol of universal bravery.” Gabby and I saw this brand at the Hester Street Fair back in July and their bracelet is number one on my Christmas list.
4. The fall line from MaraisUSA, a shoe company I started following circa ninth grade. Since then, every collection has gotten better and better. High quality shoes for a reasonable price is something that never gets old. My favorites are the Lucky T strap flats and the Gentleman’s Oxford.
5. This recipe for Arugula Walnut Pesto. Pesto is great on basically everything. Salads, pizza, bruschetta, even mac and cheese (tried this last week, heaven). I haven’t tried variations on the classic basil recipe, however, so I’m interested to see what arugula and walnuts do to enhance this already fabulous staple.